200 grams sugar (7 oz)
100 grams flour (3.5 oz)
80 grams corn starch (2.8 oz)
2 teaspoons baking powder
To pour over cake:
about one cup sweet coffee (I used instant) OR organic berry preserves diluted with water (good for kids cake)
400ml heavy cream
300 grams mascarpone (I've made it with just heavy cream once, almost as good) (10.5 oz)
100 grams powdered sugar (3.5 oz)
- Mix eggs with sugar until it bubbles.
- Separately mix flour, corn starch & baking powder, gradually mix with the egg mixture.
- Pour batter into buttered spring form pan & put into heated oven at 375, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 2 or 3 layers.
- Evenly pour coffee (or preserves) over the first layer (I did it with a large spoon), smother cream over it evenly, put second layer on top, pour coffee again, spread cream again, same thing with the third if you have it. That's it!