I absolutely love seeing my kids' thirst for learning, their constant, insatiable need for something new. They are good at listening (no, not to me), so I thought this program would be just the thing to refresh my knowledge of French and to introduce it to almost 6 year old Baby E. For Baby T it may be a tad early, but he did listen nevertheless. Baby E is already bilingual, but I believe children only benefit from multiple languages and she demonstrated that dabbling in French is very much welcome at this point.
These days, I'm always looking for the "EASY!" button. Between running a growing photography business, homeschooling the kids, and keeping up with family and friends, I don't have any precious minutes to waste. So it was pretty exciting to listen to Pimsleur in the car with the kids, the time that often felt "wasted" as we carted from meeting with other homeschoolers, to field trips, and visiting family that all lives half hour to an hour away.
Now that time is productive, but not in a "one more thing to do" kind of way. Pimsleur is fun and easy! It's exactly what I hoped it would be. Plus it is giving me what I've been missing all these years - practicing French. Speaking the actual language is so much more conductive to learning than just staring into a textbook! So here is a short run down of the reasons we like it:
- So easy! Just pop in CD or transfer it to your iPod, phone, or tablet, and listen at your leisure during convenient times.
- You control the pace. You can repeat again and again if you need to or you can move on. You can refresh or you can have different members of your family at different levels.
- Lots of speaking. I think one of the pitfalls of learning a language in school is that you simply do not use it and speak it enough. Yes, you may learn grammar, reading, writing, but it all makes little sense if you aren't speaking it. Just like children learn by listening and speaking, this program mimics the natural way of learning.
- Affordable. I've seen many programs that are simply out of reach financially, but comprehensive course for just over $100 is a much better price and I believe a better return on your investment.
- Perfect for the whole family! It's great for my 5 year old and for myself, anyone can learn French with this program.
I have to say I also really loved the packaging of the Pimsleur French I course, although it's not really something important. I appreciate everything being organized and the case is very handy for the learning collection of CDs. It's something that we will be using a lot and hopefully once we are done with level one, we can move on to French II! The Pimsleur French I language learning course is available for purchase on Amazon. If you're looking to start a foreign language in your homeschool this year, I highly recommend this program!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. May contain affiliate links to where we love to shop - your purchase helps offset the time and energy we pour into this blog at no cost to you.