- Perfect House: Let's start with the house. Here is what my bedroom ceiling looks like now as a result of ice dams:
We pay for landscaping as part of the condo fee, yet our front yard has no lawn, or even grass, no bushes, nothing, just mulch once a year. Our floor squeaks when the neighbors are walking, not to mention us. Our toddler currently doesn't have her own room, not that I mind much. Her room is our office. The office can't move until the attic is done. The attic can't be done until we have money. Oh yes, and when the wind blows outside, you can feel it when you put your palm on the window trim in our bedroom. I'm thankful to at least have a roof over our heads - even a leaky one!
- Perfectly Clean: My hamper hasn't been completely empty in several months. I just can't ever get to doing all of it. Our vacuum cleaner doesn't really work, which gives me a great excuse for dirty carpets. The green plant my mother-in-law gave us to keep the air clean? Dead. Oh by the way, remember the meal plans? Haven't made one in months. If you would look in my trash you would also lately find one too many recyclable containers that I was too lazy to wash. You know what's in my attic? Boxes of stuff we haven't used or unpacked since we moved three and a half years ago. Yeah.
- Perfect Baby: You know that 'perfect' baby of mine? Do you think she just sits there reads books and plays the piano all day? No, she experiments with how sugar will sound under the feet on the kitchen floor, how my makeup will look on her precious face, and just how many poopy diapers and wet undies it will take for mommy to say "I'm done with potty training!" She has been testing my patience a lot lately. Well, at least not bad enough for me to use the horrible 'T' phrase (terrible twos). She is lucky she's so cute.
- Perfect Husband: I will spare you the details because I believe it is wrong to tell the world about the things that make your spouse imperfect, just the same way I wouldn't want him telling his buddies about my imperfections. Let's just say we both need to work on ourselves a bit.
- Perfect Me: Where do I start? Why do I wait until 9 pm to clean the house instead of doing it throughout the day? Oh yeah, I forgot, I blog and I work. Which doesn't give me nearly a good enough excuse to procrastinate. I snap at my toddler a lot lately, my nerves are stretched. Then I cuddle with her and ask for forgiveness. I haven't actually printed any photos in 1.5 years, I have empty albums waiting. I don't take very good care of myself. Sometimes a shower is just too much hassle, makeup is for special occasions, and I forget to take my multi-vitamins much too often. I snack on oyster crackers and dry mangoes.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
This post was written by:
Anastasia is a mom of two who loves to spend time with her family, travel, homeschool, read, and run her photography business. She is a life-long learner and small business owner who loves to share her parenting experiences with others. She resides with her family north of Boston.