It never crossed my mind to make a list of things I would love to do with my family or just for myself. My list could probably circle the earth a couple of times, but here are 15 random things I would love to do in the future in no particular order:
- Homeschool my kids through high school! This is something I am most excited about and it is something we're actually doing, unlike most 'dreamy' things on this list.
- Take an Alaska cruise with my husband (now I'm really dreaming, no way we would ever afford that!).
- Learn to make sushi. Love sushi! Would love to make my own.
- Start my own Interior Design business. I almost did a few months ago, but my pregnancy got in the way (not that I'm complaining) and I realized I can't be supermom and do everything at once. I would have to quit blogging at Eco-Babyz - that would be no fun!
- Go on a family missions trip to work with orphans in Russia. I went when I was single and once with my husband, now we would love to go as a family. It would teach the kids some invaluable lessons on compassion that no textbook can do.
- Go on a tropical family cruise. Someplace warm. In the middle of a New England winter. Nuf said.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Go on a family ski vacation in Canada when the kids are older. Mont Tremblant sounds good to me.
- Travel Europe by rail with my husband (leave the kids with grandparents!) Can't believe I never traveled Europe when I actually lived there, bummer. Now it is a bit our of reach.
- Get a worthy camera that makes photos that will not make me cringe. I'm an amateur pro, but the camera we have doesn't do my talents justice (or my adorable toddler for that matter).
- Invest in a washer and dryer that doesn't ruin our clothes. Our washer and dryer belongs in the appliance graveyard. Cloth diapering full time I definitely need these soon. Just don't know who will pay for it! Sponsor me? ;)
- Sign up for a local CSA. Always wanted to, but it will only happen if I can prove to my husband that it will save us money.
- Build an Eco off-grid home with enough land to roam. Our dream with my husband. I love Blu Homes, local to me. Albeit out of our price range once again.
- Keep a clean house for more than two weeks (just for laughs, maybe when the kids grow up). I think two weeks is the longest I've had what I consider a 'clean house'. That's when the photo was taken.
- Open an online Eco-friendly baby store. Now is not a good time for it, but will it ever be? Always wanted to have my own online store that goes with the 'close to nature' philosophy of Eco-Babyz and links to the blog.
Tasting the durian fruit didn't make the list - that's because I just recently did that! My toddler loved it and I kind of did too :)
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.