This recipe serves 4-8 people
Water (enough to cover chicken, or use pre-made broth to save time)
3 large potatoes
8 mushrooms (optional)
1/2 cup grass fed butter (+ 1 tablespoon if using mushrooms)
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/3 cup sprouted whole wheat flour (or plain whole wheat)
1 tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
1/2 cup organic milk or cream
2 Pie crusts (we get our at Trader Joe's)
2. Meanwhile, cook the whole carrots and potatoes in a separate pot of water (or if you really wanted cut clean up time and energy use, put it in one pot with chicken after it simmers a little).
|Baby T put in the flour, all over the stove too of course :)|
4. Add the whole wheat flour and mix (you could use plain all purpose flour, but it clumps more and isn't the same nutritionally). Add salt, pepper, and the chicken stock.
|Baby E adding milk|
5. Add the milk. Stir.
6. Peel the cooked potatoes and carrots and dice them (or prep this day before). Shred chicken.
7. Mix in all the veggies and chicken into to pan and heat. Your filling is ready!
|They're loving this!|
8. Roll bottom pie crust onto pie plate, I love my glass Pyrex one. Fill with filling. Cover with top crust.
9. Crimp edges with fork (didn't do that in this image above). Cut slits on top to vent. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes (cover edges with shield or foil after 25 minutes).
10. Let cool for 15 minutes, to let pie set and not to burn yourself. Enjoy the delicious chicken pot pie!
If you make this recipe, we would love to know what you served it with or if you put a different spin on it! If you adapt this recipe and post it on your own blog, please link to Eco-Babyz, we would appreciate it :)
Contains affiliate links to where we usually shop, your purchase supports Eco-Babyz at no extra cost to you and helps offset some of the cost associated with pouring our time and energy into this site. Thank you!