Sprout Baby Food: Sprout Baby sent us the Roasted Banana and Brown Rice, Sweet Potatoes and White Beans, and Roasted Apple Blueberry baby food pouches. They have many other delicious flavor combinations. My daughter is totally in love with the Roasted Banana and Brown Rice! Quite possibly she likes it even more than mama's milk... I have the peace of mind that it is all organic, the pouches do not have BPA, and it saves me time as I don't have to make her food on the days I leave her with daddy. Great on the go as well!
Sprout Online Shop: Sprout Baby was also generous enough to let us try the To-Go Ware 3-Tier Stainless Steel Tiffin Set. This nifty little set of containers is great for taking lunch or snacks with you. Reduce waste by reusing it over and over. It is really easy to wash and maintain and you don't need to worry about BPA. With the three containers you can pack a pretty generous lunch, not just for a child, even an adult. I like a combination of a rice dish, salad, and dessert.
The Sprout Baby online store is a really great place for all your baby and child needs. Unlike many other natural parenting stores, here you have the guarantee that not everything that is labeled 'green' or 'natural' will have a place among items for sale. Read on about the company to see what I mean...
The Company: Sprout Baby is not just an online store. They are advocates for creating non-toxic environments for our children. While it is a lofty goal, what parent doesn't want a healthy child? "As we grow to include more options to fit more needs, we will provide comprehensive, Eco-conscious, e-commerce and social shopping which is centered around making it easy to make mindful decisions about the products parents choose to put on, in and around their children and families." They will also have an integrated social network on their site where like minded parents will be able to discuss the best products and methods for childcare.
Sprout Baby adheres to standards set forth by Healthy Child Healthy World. That means that all products they sell must:
- Not be chronically toxic - including not carcinogenic, not reproductive toxic, not endocrine disrupting, not neurotoxic, and not teratogenic
- Not contain toxic dyes
- Not contain health compromising chemicals - including alkylphenols, polyurethane, petroleum distillates, phosphates, chlorine, chlorinated or brominated solvents, petroleum-derived or petrochemical fragrances, parabens, sulfur oxides, organohalides, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene (TCE), perchloroethylene (Perc), dioxins and furans, hexavalent chromium, organophosphate pesticides, polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), di-(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), 2,4, dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4, D), or triclosan.
- Not contain sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, mineral oil, petrolatum, propylene glycol, artificial colors and synthetic fragrances, synthetic preservatives, petroleum-based ingredients, formaldehyde donors
- Not contain PVC
- Not contain bisphenol-A (BPA), PFCs, PBDE (polybrominated diphenyl ethers)
- Not contain heavy metals - including lead, mercury, cobalt, chromium, nickel, beryllium, arsenic, and cadmium
- Not tested on animals
- Not contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
(each one in separate comment please, include links!)
2. Follow @EcoBlogz on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (or let us know if you already follow, include a link to this post in the tweet)
3. Follow @SproutBabyClub on Twitter
4. Become a fan of EcoBabyz on Facebook (or let us know you are already a fan)
5. Add the EcoBabyz button to your site or include EcoBabyz on your blog-roll
6. Blog about this giveaway and link to this post (please leave link to your blog post)
Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Oct. 20. The winner will be selected using Random.org on Wednesday, Oct. 21, and notified by email (so please be sure I have a way to get in touch with you). Thank you!
I did not receive payment in any form for this review.
I did receive a sample of the product or service for testing and review purposes. This will in no way sway my opinion of the product or service. The review is in my own words and is my own opinion. Your results and opinion may differ.