- It's free: After the initial investment of buying a sun oven, there is never a need for electricity, fuel, or any type of refills!
- It's easy: You'll use it a couple of times and will be a pro, it works very similarly to a regular oven, so there is no steep learning curve. It's near impossible to burn your food in a solar oven
- Like an oven: It reaches temperatures of 360 to 400 degrees, just like your oven. It's perfect for baking, boiling, and steaming. The temperature inside is even and there is no need to stir the food
- Safe: The Sun Oven is flameproof, it may be used where open flame cooking is prohibited and it is safer around children than an open fire or a grill (of course it's still hot, so advise kids to be cautious!)
- It's Eco-friendly: Using the sun to cook, what can be more resourceful and environmentally sound? No fossil fuels or electricity required!
- Fun for Kids: Get your kids outdoors and making their own healthy snacks! They'll be amazed at the power of the sun and how it can dehydrate fruits and veggies
- Endless possibilities: While the Sun Oven is most appreciated in the event of a power outage, it can be used in so many ways: camping and RVing, in your backyard, boating, at the park, at the beach, traveling in remote regions, living off grid, etc.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
This post was written by:
Anastasia is a mom of two who loves to spend time with her family, travel, homeschool, read, and run her photography business. She is a life-long learner and small business owner who loves to share her parenting experiences with others. She resides with her family north of Boston.